Friday, February 20, 2015

Show Time


The beginning of this year has been crazy busy! I've got another horse show tomorrow, and I only have a couple more before the season is over. Then it's time to decide if I want to find a summer series to show in. 

But first, I think I'm going to talk to my vet about giving Chica an all-over evaluation.  As she gets older I want to make sure I'm doing what I can to maintain her good health and soundness. It's easy enough to push myself past pain and tiredness, but since my horse doesn't have a voice of her own I feel a big responsibility to keep her happy.

After tomorrow's show I have to get together with my sister so we can start planning some of the stuff we want to do while we're in New Zealand! It will probably be my last big trip for a little while. I need to start investing more in my riding/training/showing career. I need some better show clothes, a better fitting saddle, and it might be time to start looking at horse trailers. But all things in their time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment